Ms. Amos has been a family law attorney in Howard County, Maryland and the surrounding area since 1990, and is also admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of the United States.
In addition to her training certification in Collaborative Dispute Resolution and her role as a court-approved best interest attorney, Ms. Amos is well-recognized as an experienced, ethical and knowledgeable litigation attorney in the Circuit Court, the Court of Special Appeals and the Court of Appeals, all in Maryland.
Ms. Amos taught Media Law as an adjunct professor at Towson University for many years in addition to practicing law. She has also been a frequent presenter at seminars and bar functions since 1998, and her articles have been published in the Family Law News published by the Section Council of the Section of Family & Juvenile Law of the Maryland State Bar Association.
When Ms. Amos is not practicing law, you can find her fostering pregnant dogs and their new puppies!
Primary Practice Areas
- Contested and uncontested divorces
- Marital settlement agreements
- Property distribution
- Child support
- Child visitation
- Child custody
- Interstate custody disputes
- Premarital agreements
- Appellate litigation
Appointments and Professional Affiliations
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC)
- Section of Family & Juvenile Law Maryland State Bar Association
- Family Law Section of the Howard County Bar Association (HCBA) since 1991
- Chair of HCBA Family Law Committee – 2000, 2001, 2002, 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Co-Chair of HCBA Family Law Committee – 2014- present
- Attorney Grievance Peer Review Committee from 1998 – 2008
- Mentor in the Court of Appeals
- Auxiliary member of the Coordinating Committee for the (Provisional) Maryland Chapter of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC).
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Howard County Bar Association
- Maryland Super Lawyer – 2012, 2015-2021
- Howard County Bar Association, Best Section Award, 2018-2019
- Howard County Bar Association, Service Award, 2016
- Maryland Bar Foundation Fellow